Seniors & Seizures: A Training Program for Caregivers & Senior-Serving Organizations
Epilepsy is not always the first possibility that comes to mind when an older adult has a seizure or related episode. Its clinical presentation can resemble other conditions that are common in the older population, such as stroke, head injury, brain tumors, brain surgery, serious infections, heart attack, cardiovascular disease, chronic alcoholism, toxic/metabolic disturbances, Alzheimer’s disease, or dementia.
Our Seniors & Seizures Training is designed to provide caregivers and staff of adult day care centers, senior centers, long-term facilities, nursing homes and other senior-serving organizations with strategies to better recognize and respond to seizures among older adults. This training has been fully accredited by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Receive a FREE Seniors & Seizures Training in-person
- Earn 1.0 continuing nursing education (CNE) credit
- Earn 0.1 continuing education unit (CEU)
Upon completing the training, participants will be able to
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of epilepsy and how it affects the older population
- Identify, recognize, and respond to different types of seizures in older adults
To schedule a Seniors & Seizures training please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also offer seizure training for Nurses, School Personnel, MTS and Public Safety, Bus Drivers, Parents, Teens and Children.