Managing Students with Seizures and a Training for School Nurses and School Personnel.
Participants will learn:
- The impact of seizures on learning and behavior.
- Current treatment options and their side effects.
- Simple strategies for creating a more positive and supportive environment.
- Critical issues related to medication administration.
- Key components of a seizure action plan.
- Appropriate first aid for all seizure types.
- The essential elements of seizure training for school personnel.
- Steps you can take now to help maximize educational and developmental opportunities for students with seizures.
District & School Plan Connection:
The Managing Students with Seizures program addresses the LCAP priority area of Student Engagement (School Attendance Rates).
Registration is required. Each participant will receive a Zoom link and free workshop materials.
CEU units are available, if you attend the entire day of training.
School Nurse Training
Wednesday, March 17, 2021
2:00pm – 3:30pm
Email Shannon Wills, M.S.W. at email@example.com