School Nurse Training
Managing Students with Seizures and a Training for School Nurses and School Personnel.
Participants will learn:
- The impact of seizures on learning and behavior.
- Current treatment options and their side effects.
- Simple strategies for creating a more positive and supportive environment.
- Critical issues related to medication administration.
- Key components of a seizure action plan.
- Appropriate first aid for all seizure types.
- The essential elements of seizure training for school personnel.
- Steps you can take now to help maximize educational and developmental opportunities for students with seizures.
District & School Plan Connection:
The Managing Students with Seizures program addresses the LCAP priority area of Student Engagement (School Attendance Rates).
Registration is required. Each participant will receive a light continental breakfast and free workshop materials.
CEU units are available, if you attend the entire day of training.
Thursday, March 5, 2020
Registration: 8:00am – 8:30am
Workshop Time: 8:30am – 12:30pm